I don't know what came over me. I've seen plenty of celebrities in person like Adam Sandler, Leonardo Dicaprio, and Kobe Bryant. I usually just admire them from a far and try to take a picture of them. Never have I had the gumption to actually go up to them and make contact. In fact I would make sure I don't bother them because I was afraid of being one of "those" guys. The fear of them not liking me was not worth a picture. HOWEVER, in retrospect, the fact that this is my first and only picture with a celebrity in the wild, my attitude has changed a bit. With a little liquid courage as my excuse, I won't be as afraid to act a fool for the picture.
Friday, June 4, 2010
Celebrity Sighting
So I was in Vegas this weekend. While celebrating a friend's birthday at V-bar in the Venetian, a celebrity came in at 3am. I don't know what came over me. I'm not sure if it was the alcohol, the celebrity, or the moment, but I acted like a fool. The celebrity was Wayne Brady. He happened to occupy the seating area next to ours. Some of the girls we were with immediately ran over to him to take a picture. At the same time, I thought to myself, "It's Wayne Brady Bitch!", and being a big fan of his comedy, singing, and overall talent, I wanted to be in the picture too. So I ran, check that, I stepped over from our couch to his couch and tried to join the picture. Wayne Brady, 3 girls, and ME!! Makes sense right? At the time it did. But sober Wayne Brady looked at me like I was a crazy man and said "Really?! C'mon man, really?!" I explained to him that I know those girls (so its cool right?) and he responded with "And?!" After a few seconds, I understood. I calmly apologized, told him I was a big fan, and offered my hand as a testament of my realization of how lame I acted even by my standards. He graciously accepted my apology and my wife astutely captured the moment. 
I don't know what came over me. I've seen plenty of celebrities in person like Adam Sandler, Leonardo Dicaprio, and Kobe Bryant. I usually just admire them from a far and try to take a picture of them. Never have I had the gumption to actually go up to them and make contact. In fact I would make sure I don't bother them because I was afraid of being one of "those" guys. The fear of them not liking me was not worth a picture. HOWEVER, in retrospect, the fact that this is my first and only picture with a celebrity in the wild, my attitude has changed a bit. With a little liquid courage as my excuse, I won't be as afraid to act a fool for the picture.
I don't know what came over me. I've seen plenty of celebrities in person like Adam Sandler, Leonardo Dicaprio, and Kobe Bryant. I usually just admire them from a far and try to take a picture of them. Never have I had the gumption to actually go up to them and make contact. In fact I would make sure I don't bother them because I was afraid of being one of "those" guys. The fear of them not liking me was not worth a picture. HOWEVER, in retrospect, the fact that this is my first and only picture with a celebrity in the wild, my attitude has changed a bit. With a little liquid courage as my excuse, I won't be as afraid to act a fool for the picture.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment