Thursday, May 13, 2010

Unemployment Day 9

I've been relatively productive this week. Monday I had an interview with a recruiter in downtown LA. While I was there I had lunch with Casey and Calvin from Hautelook. Visited their office then got lost trying to figure out which building I parked my car in. Not fun walking around downtown in a suit for an hour. And if that weren't enough, I paid a total of $30 just to park.

Tuesday I was able to go to the gym. Went on Indeed for 2 hours. Saw the same jobs still open. Maybe I wasn't that productive.

Wednesday I played golf with Jared and Paul at Balboa. Some Bulgarian guy joined our group for the last few holes. He's visiting for 3 months. That's how much vacation he was able to accrue. It's unbelievable. I'm sure I could accrue that much vacation time, but I can't fathom taking that much time off of work all at once. If I could, that would tell me that my company really doesn't need me. Perhaps that's the mentality of a operations manager rather than a business manager. Need to change that.

Wednesday was also my wedding anniversary. Anne and I had dinner at Osteria Mozza in Hollywood. She loved the flowers I gave her. Funny story. Anne posted a picture of the flowers I had sent to her office. Her friend Tina commented "OH NO, What did he do now?". I replied, "I got married". This is a perfect example how communication has changed today. My reply to Tina made it sound like I was in trouble only because I was married. However, I was indirectly telling Tina it was my wedding anniversary. Long story short, everything was "lost in translation" and everyone got a good laugh out of it. You can see the entire conversation on Anne's posting of her flowers. Back in the day, this would have been a conversation during a dinner party. Instead, most communication is done electronically without any tone or inflection to denote sarcasm. =(

So I've filled out my EDD paperwork. Next up is to see if I qualify for any kind of loan modification or refinance.

I think I'll finally make that appointment with golftec to analyze my swing.

No comments:

Post a Comment