I go through each day always trying to figure out what I need to do to make the most of my life. There are soooo many things to think about; how to advance in my career, how to be responsible and mature, how to be a good husband; how to be a good brother, how to be a good friend. Sometimes some of these things come in conflict with the other. These are the times they really test me. How can I make everyone happy? Often I just get frustrated and end up making everyone unhappy. Go figure. But then there are those times when you realize why you want to make everyone happy. The people we have in our lives are a large part of what shape our happiness. Their happiness becomes your happiness. Conversely, their sadness becomes yours as well.
While I don't have children yet, what I do have are people who love me and at the same time rely on me. I'll be the first to admit that I may not live up to expectations, but what I've realized is that as long as I make the effort, that is what is most important. Of course, effort can only go so far, success is still the goal.
So what is the point of this blog? The point is that we all know, more or less, who loves us. However, you we don't always know all of them. Sure we are bound to our relatives, we hope that our friends are closer than they really are but the true sign of love is when you are in need, when you are at your wit's end, the people who care about you are there to pick you up. It doesn't matter how many times you've disappointed them, they are always there. The best feeling is when someone you don't expect to be there is there.
Life comes at us with no hesitation. We grow old every second, and with every moment we have to figure out how to live. I was blessed to have my mother for the time she was here. I am blessed to have the little interaction that I have with my father. Most people my age still have their parents as their support group, to help them to figure out how to live. My brothers and I no longer have that support group and are still expected to figure out how to live. So we make mistakes but we survive. We are each others support group. We may not have all the wisdom and knowledge to always do the right thing, but what we do have is each other to learn with. So we may not learn at the same pace as others, but we learn.
In closing, its been awhile since I've written an entry so please excuse the lack of continuity in my writing. Tonight, I just felt the need to appreciate my family and friends. I'm thankful to have a wife that tolerates me, brothers who learn with me, and friends that surprise me. In the end, it's all love and I'll take it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment